Thursday 3 October 2013

Beautiful Disaster / Walking Disaster by Jamie McGuire - Review


 CONTAIN SPOILERS

When I think of Beautiful Disaster and Walking Disaster only word that comes to mind is "WOW". Oh my, I love these two books. The story is very addictive, intense, dangerous and at the same time relatable. And lets just say "beautiful disaster" is the PERFECT description for Abby and Travis relationship.

Abby and Travis are both crazy for each other, that kind of crazy in love which leads them to do things like scream at each other in a packed campus lunchroom and then at the same time remain each others anchor. By the end of both books, its was clear that they are totally in love with each other.


Beautiful Disaster is written in Abby's point of view. Where Abby Abernathy is a good girl who has a dark past, so when she starts college, the last she expected was to meet someone who reminded her so much of that past. Travis Maddox. 

Walking Disaster is written in Travis's point of view and is the companion novel to Beautiful Disaster. Travis Maddox lives a life full of women, underground gambling and violence. So just when he thinks his invincible, Abby Abernathy walks into his life and knocks him to his knees.

Now these books have had a lot of controversial  reviews, some suggesting that Beautiful Disaster and Walking Disaster support abusive relationships. However, I disagree. While Travis may participate in underground fighting, he is no way abusive towards women. Whilst he was disrespectful in the sense that he used women just for sex, he was actually quite respectful towards women he had respect for. 

I have so many favourite parts of these books, however my all time favourite which is in both books is the date party for Valentine's Day at a Frat house. Specifically the part where Travis climbs up on a chair and yells "A toast. To douche bags" at which he gestures to Brad who was dancing with Abby, he then goes on and says "And to girls that break your heart" gesturing to Abby, then this next part really made me want to cry, "And to the absolute fucking horror of losing your best friend because you were stupid enough to fall in love with her". Oh man, that part still makes me want to cry!!! 


I was addicted to these books, I loved every second of them and both books were highly entertaining. The characters drove me insane, then I loved them and then I wanted to scream at them. It was just a roller coaster of emotions for me and I enjoyed it greatly! All together I give both of these books 4.5 out of 5 stars. 
 ★ ★ ★ 

No comments:

Post a Comment