Sunday 29 December 2013

The Iron Daughter by Julie Kagawa - Review

MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS


I was so excited when I received my latest book purchase from Booktopia and The Iron Daughter was the first book I read from that haul. I was really looking forward to the second instalment in The Iron Fey series because I just devoured The Iron King and I was so excited for more Meghan and Ash action. So you could understand my disappointment when I read that Ash was back to his icy self. Because the book was with parts I didn't imagine, I just wanted to finish the book and move onto the third book. Which I felt was a let down. 

The last time we saw Meghan Chase she was on her way to enemy territory to fulfil her contract with Prince Ash. So now she has entered the Winter Court and is Queen Mab's prisoner. Meghan is alone and scared and not to mention in doubt with the relationship between her and Ash because since arriving in the Winter Court Ash has abandoned her. Meghan tries to convince Queen Mab of the vicious Iron Fey, but she has no luck. So when the Scepter of the Seasons is stolen, Queen Mab blames the Summer Court and this leads to her announcing war against the Summer Fey. With the near future war, Meghan escapes the Winter Court with the help of her friends to retrieve the Scepter of the Seasons, return it to Queen Mab and stop the looming war between Winter and Summer before its too late. 

My favourite part of The Iron Daughter would have to be the very end when Ash stands up to Mother and declares his love for Meghan. This part was nothing special but because the was hardly any Meghan/Ash scenes in this book and because I'm team Ash ;) this scene seemed to stand out for me. This scene also gave me an insight in to The Iron Queen with Ash and Meghan exiled from the Nevernever and this excites me because maybe finally we'll get more Meghan/Ash scenes in the next book. 

Even though I felt this book was a let down in The Iron Fey series, I would still say to anyone who have started this series to keep reading because I have a feeling things will get a lot more interesting. Overall I rate The Iron Daughter by Julie Kagawa 3 out of 5 stars. 

No comments:

Post a Comment